Questions About Invisalign
Invisalign® invisible braces offer patients a way to get straighter, more attractive teeth without having to wear traditional metal braces. Below are some common questions and answers regarding Invisalign® invisible braces:
- Are Invisalign® invisible braces painful?
- No, it is relatively painless. Invisalign® causes less mouth irritation than traditional braces, however, there may be some tenderness and tooth sensitivity after each change of aligners.
- Is Invisalign® covered by dental insurance?
- Invisalign® is an orthodontic treatment. If your dental insurance plan covers orthodontics, it should cover Invisalign®.
- What is the average treatment time for the Invisalign® system?
- Approximately one year. It may differ depending on the complexity of the case.
- What is the cost for Invisalign® invisible braces?
- The cost is about the same as the cost for traditional braces. The cost will vary according to the complexity of the case.
- How often do I need to wear the aligners?
- All day and night except when eating or brushing or flossing your teeth.
- Are there any food restrictions when using the Invisalign® system?
- No. This is one of the major advantages of the Invisalign® system. Since you remove the aligners when eating, you may eat any foods that you desire.
- Do I need a retainer?
- Yes, you will need to wear a retainer to keep your teeth in the desired position.
Dr. Ma and the staff at Prime Dental Care are pleased to offer Invisalign® invisible braces to the residents of Princeton and the surrounding areas. To get more information about the Invisalign® system and to find out if you are a candidate, schedule a consultation with Dr. Ma today. We look forward to helping you achieve a healthy, confident, long-lasting smile.